Robin Memel Fox – Family Program & Primary Therapist
Robin has been working in the field of healing and mental health for over 25 years. Before joining Sabino Recovery, she worked as a Clinician and Program Manager for family services at Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse. She has extensive experience working with childhood and adult trauma, PTSD, relationship/sexuality issues, domestic abuse, eating disorders and co-occurring mood disorders and addiction.
Robin is also passionate about the healing power of dance, movement, and mindfulness that integrates the body/mind/spirit. She received her MA in Somatic Psychology/Dance/Movement Therapy from Naropa University in Boulder, CO. Robin is trained in EMDR, is a Board Certified Dance/Movement Therapist, and a Licensed Professional Counselor.
Robin brings humor, authenticity, warmth, and compassion to her work with clients and to her team, and is grateful to be a part of Sabino Recovery. She feels honored to work alongside the residents and staff in supporting the healing process and journey to recovery.
Publications & Articles
- The Body Says What Words Cannot
- The Body Speaks: Redefining Self through Dance/movement Therapy with Survivors of Domestic Abuse
- Board Certified Dance/Movement Therapist
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Concerns over children who witness traumatic incidents – Kgun 9
- Domestic abuse takes many forms, affects all populations, say local experts – Arizona Jewish Post