Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, policies, and procedures for a Registered Nurse within the behavioral health field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Job function requires at times exercising independent judgment and decision-making, particularly in crisis situations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establishes and maintains therapeutic nurse-patient relationships.
- Assists in facilitating a structured environment and therapeutic environment.
- Respects the privacy and protects patient confidentiality while maintaining professional boundaries.
- Ability to administer medications in a safe and correct manner utilizing the Five Rights of Medication Administration.
- Proficient in venous blood draws.
- Assessment of residents’ physical and emotional needs, providing interventions when appropriate.
- Process a new resident’s admission.
- Communication with medical providers.
- Works in collaboration with treatment team utilizing the principles of the nursing process and critical thinking skills in order to maintain patient safety and well-being.
- Provides excellent resident and customer service and care.
- Knowledge of EMR systems for documentation.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Acts as charge RN as assigned.
- Must ensure completion of all yearly mandatory training provided by Sabino Recovery.
- Attend staff meetings, clinical oversight meetings and trainings as required.
- Ensure accurate and timely timekeeping for payroll purposes.
- Participates in creating a holistic, integrative and healing environment.
JOB SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Able to problem solve, engage in creative thinking, able to respond quickly to crisis situations, and interpret medical abbreviations in writing and orally. Able to interpret a variety of instructions provided in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Able to utilize basic math skills and mathematical concepts.
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently. Some Spanish preferred.
- Must have excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Must possess strong ethics and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Possesses good attention to detail.
- Able to deal effectively with distractions.
- Is reliable in achieving results within expected time periods.
- Is highly committed to workplace safety.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from a qualified, nationally-accredited nursing program, preferably a BSN.
Education/Experience for a BHT.
- Current RN licensure permitting work in the State of Arizona.
- Current Fingerprint Clearance.
- Current CPR/First Aid or BCLS certification.
- Clear TB screening.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Walk at a fast pace. Be on feet for several hours at a time Policy.