Administers the nursing program at Sabino Recovery to maintain standards of patient care. Advises medical staff, department heads, and administrators in matters related to nursing service. Capable of writing and revising policies and procedures for the nursing department. Interprets policies and objectives of nursing service to staff and community groups. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of the nursing department staff. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises nursing
- Responsible for selection and retention of nurses.
- Develops the initial nursing assessment and trains all nursing staff in its facilitation.
- Trains nursing staff in any nursing testing at admissions and at time of discharge.
- Oversee orientation and continued training for nursing.
- Oversee scheduling and coverage, providing fair and consistent coordination of staff and their schedules, and ensuring adequate levels of competent staff to meet organizational needs adhering to budget and staffing guidelines.
- Develops organizational structure and standards for nursing performance.
- Demonstrates excellent management skills through staff development including coaching, performance evaluations and corrective actions.
- Responsible for the education and implementation of organization’s infection control program.
- Write or update nursing policies and procedures where applicable.
- Maintain highest standards of resident care.
- Serves as a member of the Management Team, Quality Improvement Team, Safety Committee and may participate with Utilization Review as needed.
- Track required health and safety information and oversee Quality Management.
- The Nurse Manager may be required to occasionally perform patient care duties.
- Perform timely and meaningful performance appraisals.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES
- Attendance at all leadership meetings.
- Attend staff meetings, clinical oversight meetings and trainings as required.
- Must ensure completion of all yearly mandatory training provided by Sabino Recovery.
- Collaborate with medical team.
- Provide in-services.
- Assist in training of the electronic medical records (KIPU).
JOB SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Able to problem solve, engage in creative thinking, able to respond quickly to crisis situations, and interpret medical abbreviations in writing and orally. Able to interpret a variety of instructions provided in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Able to utilize basic math skills and mathematical concepts.
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently. Some Spanish preferred.
- Must have excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Must possess strong ethics and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Possesses good attention to detail.
- Able to deal effectively with distractions.
- Is reliable in achieving results within expected time periods.
- Is highly committed to workplace safety.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in management/supervision preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in the nursing field.
- Must possess at least 1-2 years of clinical experience relevant to behavioral health.
- Current RN licensure permitting work in the State of Arizona.
- Licensure for a BHP, licensed by the Board.
- Current Fingerprint Clearance.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification.
- Clear TB screening.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Walk at a fast pace. Be on feet for several hours at a time.