Licensed Primary/Group Therapist
The Licensed Primary/Group therapist will work with individuals and groups to promote optimum behavioral health care. The therapist will assist individuals in addressing childhood and/or adult traumatic experiences, attachment failure, and resulting symptoms. Symptoms may include family problems, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, PTSD, addictions, self-esteem issues, and other behavioral health and emotional issues. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, policies, and procedures within the medical field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Job will entail facilitation of individual (6 to 8 residents as census requires or more on occasion for a short time), group, and co-facilitation of family therapy.
- Will assist in developing the resident’s treatment plan.
- Will document any electronic medical record in accordance to Sabino Recovery’s policies and procedures, as well as in compliance with Arizona board of health services.
- Will call reference and/or family members on a regular basis to coordinate resident care, as well as, continuing care recommendations.
- Assist residents through counseling expertise in overcoming traumatic life experience, attachment failure, and resulting symptoms.
- Support resident in behavioral changes that will provide optimum health.
- Collect data and information regarding the resident from interview, observation, testing, and assessments.
- Act as the resident advocate in order to coordinate required services or resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Collaborate with other staff members to develop treatment plans and provide the resident excellent care.
- Maintain confidentiality of resident medical records.
- Be able to appropriately assign a resident to integrative therapies that will best support their progress based on their diagnosis.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Attend relevant multidisciplinary staffing and treatment team meetings.
- Modify treatment activities and approaches as needed in order to comply with changes in resident’s status.
- Develop the problem list and subsequent interventions.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- May co-facilitate additional groups with adventure therapy staff.
- Coordinate the resident’s continuing care and meet with family members during family week for a continuing care meeting.
- May co-facilitate family therapy sessions with the family therapist.
- Must ensure completion of all yearly mandatory training provided by Sabino Recovery.
- Possess good understanding of Sabino Recovery policies and procedures.
JOB SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Knowledge of preparing and maintaining treatment records including treatment plan, progress notes, and assessments.
- Must have ability to time manage.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of behavioral health dysfunctions.
- Must have excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Must possess strong ethics and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently. Some Spanish preferred.
- Able to utilize basic math skills and mathematical concepts.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Good attention to detail.
- Able to deal effectively with distractions.
- Is reliable in achieving results within expected time periods.
- Is highly committed to workplace safety.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in behavioral health related field.
- License in a behavioral health field such as LAMFT, LMT or LPC.
- A minimum of 5-years’ experience in Behavioral Health or Behavioral Health Related Field (includes psychology, sociology/social work, counseling (including chemical dependency), nursing, patient care, and social/human services-related fields with focus on behavioral health.
- Current license to practice in AZ (LMFT, LCSW, LMSW or Masters level equivalent)
- Current Fingerprint Clearance
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
- Clear TB screening
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Able to walk around the facility and sit at a desk.