The Family Therapist will facilitate family therapy with the resident and their significant family members they invite to participate in a family therapy program at Sabino Recovery. The family therapist will provide the resident and family members with education on what is trauma, the impact of trauma on individuals and families, family systems, and other behavioral health and emotional disorders. The Family Therapist will conduct multiple group sessions with resident and family members in the context of a structured family program within which each session builds from the previous session. All significant interactions between resident and family members will be documented in the Electronic Medical Record. Will work with the Primary Group Therapist to collaborate on best techniques to utilize for optimum healing of the family system. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, policies, and procedures within the medical field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Will meet with each resident to assist and determination who the resident will invite to the family program.
- Facilitate sessions prior to family week to support the resident in understanding the family program process.
- Will assign the resident an assignment prior to family week that they will share with their family members during the program.
- Once the family therapist receives the data on who the resident is inviting to the family program, therapist will initiate phone contact with these family members to introduce themselves and extend the formal invitation to the family program.
- Will be designated as an after-hours, on-call staff member for family members in crisis.
- Will contribute to the treatment plan.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Attend relevant multidisciplinary staffing and treatment team meetings.
- Modify treatment activities and approaches as needed in order to comply with changes in resident’s status.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Coordinate the family members continuing care and meet with family members and primary group therapist during family week for a continuing care meeting.
- Will document any electronic medical record in accordance to Sabino Recovery’s policies and procedures. As well as in compliance with Arizona board of health services.
- Must ensure completion of all yearly mandatory training provided by Sabino Recovery.
- Must possess good understanding of Sabino Recovery policies and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and timely timekeeping for payroll purposes.
- Facilitate process group or provide individual therapy as requested.
JOB SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Knowledge of preparing and maintaining treatment records including treatment plan, progress notes, and assessments.
- Must have ability to time manage.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of behavioral health dysfunctions and family systems theory.
- Must have ability to time manage.
- Must have excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Must possess strong ethics and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently. Some Spanish preferred.
- Able to utilize basic math skills and mathematical concepts.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Good attention to detail.
- Able to deal effectively with distractions.
- Is reliable in achieving results within expected time periods.
- Is highly committed to workplace safety.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Master’s Degree in behavioral health related field.
A minimum of 5-year experience in Behavioral Health or Behavioral Health Related Field (includes psychology, sociology/social work, counseling (including chemical dependency), nursing, patient care, and social/human services-related fields with focus on behavioral health
Minimum 3 years of experience in facilitating.
- Current license to practice in AZ (LMFT, LCSW, LPC or equivalent).
- Current Fingerprint Clearance.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification.
- Clear TB screening.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Able to walk around the facility and sit at a desk.