Marty Christensen, MA, MCAP, CSAT Candidate
Marty brings to Sabino Recovery a unique blend of gentleness, passion for recovery, life experience, recovery experience, education, and work-related experience. Marty’s approach to treatment includes science-based interventions and applications to address addictions and underlying trauma, as well as spirituality and mindfulness, and the importance of the recovery community. Through his years of experience, Marty has recognized the clinical need for care specific to those who struggle with sex addiction. He has nearly completed the program offered by the IITAP, the International Institute for Trauma & Addiction Professionals, to become a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT). IITAP treats addiction as a symptom of trauma and their certifications reflect the belief in the reality of those struggling with sex addiction.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling from the prestigious Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation
Licenses & Certifications
- Nearing completion of the being a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT)
- Primary Therapist- Ambrosia Treatment Center
- Primary Therapist- Sierra Tucson in Tucson, AZ
- Primary Counselor- The Hanley Center in West Palm Beach, FL
- Substances Abuse Counselor- Pima County Adult Detention Center
- Primary Therapist- Arrowhead Lodge Recovery
- Therapist- PPEP Inc.