Janet Gurumendi, SHRM-CP
Human Resources Director
After completing her Bachelor of Science at George Mason University, Janet applied her Psychology degree to the realm of leadership and Human Resources. With her combined seven years of experience in customer service, retail, and team leadership, she realized her interests aligned more with developing and advocating for fair employee-employer partnerships. Since 2013, she has progressed her professional experience and responsibilities in recruiting, employee advocacy, and human resources management. In 2019, she achieved the recognition of Certified Professional from The Society for Human Resources Management.
Having moved to Tucson in 2020, Janet took her time in selecting her next employer. It had to not only be the right move for her career, but it also had to be with a company that shared her same values in employee centered practices. She joined the Sabino Recovery team in May 2021 with the intent to support and advocate for the team members that support and advocate for the health and well-being of others.
- George Mason University, Bachelor of Science, Psychology, 2009-2011
- Northern Virginia Community College, Associate of Science, Psychology 2007-2009
- Society for Human Resources Management- Certified Professional
- Human Resources Director- Town & Country and Columbia Pike Animal Hospital and Emergency Center
- Employee Representative- Wegmans Food Market, Inc.
- Safety Compliance Coordinator- Wegmans Food Market, Inc.
- Recruiter- Wegmans Food Market, Inc.