This position serves as a liaison between Sabino Recovery and any potential residents/clients with an expressed interest in seeking help for their Trauma, Mental Illness, or Substance Use Disorder. This position is responsible for assessing all factors related to admission to any level of care within the Sabino Recovery system and to make appropriate referrals when Sabino Recovery is not the appropriate facility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain and manage all inquiry calls, including daily follow up calls.
- Must stay current and well-informed on HIPPA compliance to safeguard all resident/client’s rights.
- Conduct phone interview with potential residents and clients, request/review records, and confer with other professionals in order to evaluate potential residents’/clients’ mental and physical condition and to determine their appropriateness for participation in any level of care that Sabino Recovery provides.
- Must have thorough knowledge of Sabino Recovery inclusion and exclusion criteria.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the sense of urgency to respond to referral inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Provide residents/clients and their family members with information about Trauma, Substance Use Disorders, and Mental Health disorders and available services/programs offered by Sabino Recovery and other facilities, and make appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Gather insurance information in order to request insurance verification and review findings with potential clients or family members.
- Third Party Payment- Knowledge of insurance protocols related to inpatient/outpatient Trauma, Substance Use Disorder and Mental Health Treatment.
- Assist clinical and BHPP team with coordination of transfers to/from medical facilities for medical clearance, detoxification, or crisis stabilization, etc., for those clients who are deemed in need of such upon completion of intake assessment.
- Ensure that payment arrangements have been approved by supervisor and/or CEO prior to admission.
- Confirm with Director of Finance that payment was been received prior to admissions.
Provide respect and honesty to each prospective resident, family member, referent and/or client through a high level of communication skills.
- Must be a natural relationship builder and skilled in establishing rapport quickly.
- Participate in on call rotation which includes nights and weekends.
- Diligently record interactions with the resident/client (such as calls made, emails sent, etc.) in the customer relationship management database.
- Must be ethical with all responses to questions from the above people.
- Must be able to work quickly under pressure to complete timelines for prompt resident admissions to Sabino Recovery.
- When possible, will greet the prospective resident/client upon arrival.
- Will be responsible for providing tours to prospective residents/clients, family members, referents, and other professionals as requested.
- Attend required mandatory Sabino Recovery training.
- Possess a good understanding of Sabino Recovery policies and procedures.
JOB SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of all Sabino Recovery programs, modalities and uniqueness and communicate to potential residents/clients.
- Must have knowledge of trauma, substance use disorder and mental health treatment.
- Demonstrates active listening taking the time to understand and ask questions when appropriate.
- Exercise excellent judgement and decision making with residents/clients and family members considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
- Skilled in entering required data on potential residents/clients in customer relationship management database and electronic health records system.
- Must have excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Must possess strong ethics and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to utilize basic math skills and mathematical concepts.
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Good attention to detail.
- Able to deal effectively with distractions.
- Is reliable in achieving results within expected time periods.
- Is highly committed to workplace safety.
- Good time management skills.
- Must have computer skills that should include Word, Excel, Electronic Medical Records, Customer Relationship Management software, internet research and email proficiency.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Minimum of 2-years of experience in relevant position
Clear TB screening
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds, walk at a fast pace, and sit for extended periods of time.