Performs cleaning duties to maintain Sabino Recovery in a clean and orderly manner.
Familiar with standard housekeeping concepts, practices, policies, and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Cleaning rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restroom, quarters, and other work areas so that health standards are met.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture using vacuum cleaner and other provided equipment.
- Empty wastebaskets and transport trash to the disposal area.
- Launder and fold linens and towels for residents’ rooms.
- Replenish linens and towels in resident rooms.
- Supply resident rooms with toiletry items.
- Dust and polish furniture and office equipment.
- Report to maintenance staff and observed relevant needs, repairs, and maintenance of equipment.
- Report any damage, theft, or found articles to supervisor.
- Keep Inventory list updated.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Attend all required trainings.
JOB SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Able to manage time with multiple priorities.
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently. Some Spanish preferred.
- Able to utilize basic math skills and mathematical concepts.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Able to deal effectively with distractions.
- Is reliable in achieving results within expected time periods.
- Is highly committed to workplace safety.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Knowledge of process for providing customer and personal services meeting quality standards for services.
- Clear TB screening
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION: There are no reports to this position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching. Must be able to life 25 pounds or more and stand for many hours.
All employees must adhere to all safety rules and regulations required by local, State and Federal authorities, wear the appropriate personal protective equipment necessary to perform the job in a safe manner and will follow all safety rules per the Company’s Safety Policy.