This position will assist the Facilities Coordinator in maintaining the facility and its outdoor public areas. Repair any damages or wear to the facility as instructed by the Facilities Coordinator. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under supervision of the Facilities Coordinator. The Maintenance Worker is required to maintain a certain amount of upkeep for the property to look its best and to maintain a safe environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist Facilities Coordinator in the general maintenance and repairs for Sabino Recovery buildings.
- Stucco Repair
- Roof Repair
- Sheet Rock Repair
- Sewer lines maintenance of North Building by cleaning sewer lines to prevent back up and smell. This is done on Fridays and the process takes 2 hours.
- Perform routine general care to ensure safe and aesthetic look of the property to include daily cleaning and sweeping of public areas, cleaning exterior lights, etc.
- Morning Stables and Horse Care to be done daily to include feeding and watering horses, clean and muck stalls and freshen up stables by removing old hay and raking hay.
- Daily Pool maintenance to include cleaning of pool area and deck, twice daily pool chemical checks and record in log and weekly cleaning of pool.
- Clean pool weekly. Takes about 3 hours.
- Assist Facilities Coordinator with basic repair of electric or plumbing fixtures.
- Clean AC units (permanent filters need cleaned) 1 unit per week and takes about 1 hour per unit.
- Assists Facilities Coordinator with Special Projects such as:
- Shelter lodging for residents & shade at Ropes Course and Stables.
- Miscellaneous projects as they arise.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- May have to drive a golf cart on facility property.
- Makes Facilities Coordinator aware of any damages or necessary repairs that need attention.
- Ensure accurate and timely timekeeping for payroll purposes.
JOB SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Able to manage time with multiple priorities.
- Physical stamina and dexterity.
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently. Some Spanish preferred.
- Able to utilize basic math skills and mathematical concepts.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Able to deal effectively with distractions.
- Is reliable in achieving results within expected time periods.
- Is highly committed to workplace safety.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent GED required. Associates degree preferred. 1 to 2 years of experience in construction and maintenance required.
- Clear TB screening
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION: There are no reports to this position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items over 50 pounds.
All employees must adhere to all safety rules and regulations required by local, State and Federal authorities, wear the appropriate personal protective equipment necessary to perform the job in a safe manner and will follow all safety rules per the Company’s Safety Policy.