Follows a menu to prepare and cook meats, fish, poultry, gravies, cereals, soups, vegetables and other food according to proper preparation methods. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on some experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Takes instruction from the Executive Chef and assists in preparing meals.
- Responsible for setting up the station and making sure that all the supplies that will be needed for the shift are available and ready for use.
- Maintain a level of excellence in food preparation
- Learn and master all required kitchen skills specific to executing menus
- Must be dedicated to excellent customer service at all times
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance
- Assist managers in ordering and product management
- Maintain a clean and safe work space and assist in cleaning up the kitchen overall.
- Able to work in a faced pace environment.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Assist in ordering and product management
- Must be familiar with and follow local Health department guidelines
- Must act in a professional manner at all times
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Will assist with unloading delivery trucks and store inventory correctly.
- Responsible for taking care of leftover food, whether that means disposing of it, or returning unused inventory items to the correct location.
JOB SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Must possess strong ethics and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently. Some Spanish preferred.
- Able to utilize basic math skills and mathematical concepts.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Able to deal effectively with distractions.
- Is reliable in achieving results within expected time periods.
- Must be familiar with Sabino Recovery policies and procedures.
- Must ensure accurate and timely timekeeping for payroll purposes.
- Is highly committed to workplace safety.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate). At least 4-years of experience in the field or in a related area required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, kneel, stoop, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.