Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Provides care to multiple residents with behavioral health problems. A CNA provides services as directed by the RN or LPN in charge. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, policies, and procedures. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under supervision as required by the policy and procedure of Sabino Recovery. Job functions requires at times exercising independent judgment and decision-making, particularly in crisis situations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Knowledge of Sabino Recovery Policies and Procedures
- Understands and responds to Emergency Codes
- Observes Resident Rights
- Assist nurse with admitting, transferring, and discharging residents
- Assist nurse in giving treatments and examining residents
- Assist in administering resident’s meds/nutraceuticals
- Assist nurse with resident’s needs during shift change
- Complies with HIPPA Privacy Act by protecting confidential patient information
- Follows all policies and procedures to maintain a safe campus
- Understands and implements Eyes On by performing EYES ON checks every 15 minutes when residents are not present in a group or activity to confirm resident location
- Use the “resident tracking sheet” to track the resident’s location every 15 minutes when the resident is not in attendance at group, appointment, or other activity on the residents’ schedule
- Implement Q 15 or Q 30 Eyes On procedure to confirm that the resident is physically present for group
- Use of radios and telephones as needed to communicate with Sabino Recovery staff
- CA duties of AMA policy for locating a resident in the event a resident is missing from a group or activity
- Monitors the pool as a necessary
- Documents Shift report, group attendance and observations in EMR
- Performs luggage searches for contraband upon new admissions
- Conducts room searches as necessary for safety
- Escorts new residents to their rooms and orients them to their surroundings after admission.
- Monitors Internet Café
- Provides support to Resident as determined by treatment team
- Takes attendance at meals, groups, and lectures
- Greet and escort visitors and family members during visitation
- Attend and participate in Treatment Team meetings as required
- Ensure accurate and timely timekeeping for payroll purposes
- Come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate dependability and punctuality
JOB SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Must have excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Must possess strong ethics and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently. Some Spanish preferred.
- Able to utilize basic math skills and mathematical concepts.
- Good attention to detail.
- Able to deal effectively with distractions.
- Is reliable in achieving results within expected time periods.
- Is highly committed to workplace safety.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have graduated from an Arizona accredited training program and pass the CNA exam.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in Behavioral Health or Behavioral Health Related Field a Plus.
- Current Fingerprint Clearance
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
- Clear TB screening
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The employee must be able to lift 25 pounds or more. Walk at a fast pace. Be on feet for several hours at a time. Must have a valid driver’s license in order to drive residents.