Provides care to residents with behavioral health problems. Assists residents with all aspects of their program schedule. Will provide educational group and lectures. May facilitate initial behavioral health assessment. A behavioral health technician provides services with clinical oversight by a behavioral health professional. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, policies, and procedures within the behavioral health field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under clinical oversight as required by the policy and procedure of Sabino Recovery. Job functions requires at times exercising independent judgment and decision-making, particularly in crisis situations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Facilitates Didactic lectures.
- Facilitates workshops.
- Facilitates educational resident groups.
- Assists nature walks.
- Familiar with Sabino Recovery Policies and Procedures.
- Understands and responds to Emergency Codes.
- Familiar with use of radios and telephones as needed to communicate with Sabino Recovery staff.
- BHT duties of AMA policy for locating a resident in the event a resident is missing from a group or activity.
- Monitors the pool as necessary.
- Charts in EMR system.
- Conducts room searches as necessary for safety.
- Provides support to Resident as determined by treatment team.
- Greets and escorts visitors and family members during visitation.
- Attends and participates in Treatment Team meetings and MDS as requested.
- Helps facilitate resident Community Meetings
- Monitors art therapy and music therapy rooms.
- Assists with any resident assignments as directed.
- Ensure accurate and timely timekeeping for payroll purposes.
- Must possess good understanding of Sabino Recovery policies and procedures.
JOB SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Must have excellent written/oral communication skills
- Must possess strong ethics and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently. Some Spanish preferred.
- Able to utilize basic math skills and mathematical concepts.
- Good attention to detail.
- Able to deal effectively with distractions.
- Is reliable in achieving results within expected time periods.
- Is highly committed to workplace safety
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or 2-years of experience in Behavioral Health or Behavioral Health Related Field (includes psychology, sociology/social work, counseling (including chemical dependency), nursing, and social/human services-related fields with focus on behavioral health or can demonstrate skills and knowledge on the Verification of Skills and Knowledge Form.
- Current Fingerprint Clearance
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
- Clear TB screening
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION: No reports to this position
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The employee must be able to lift 25 pounds or more. Walk at a fast pace. Be on feet for several hours at a time. Must have a valid driver’s license in order to drive residents. All employees must adhere to all safety rules and regulations required by local, State and Federal authorities, wear the appropriate personal protective equipment necessary to perform the job in a safe manner and will follow all safety rules per the Company’s Safety Policy.